THE SOLEMNITY OF THE NATIVITY OF THE LORD
MASS DURING THE NIGHT
READINGS AND OFFICE:
- Anglican Use Daily Office. ”Briefly, it is a provision for an “Anglican style” liturgy similar to the Book of Common Prayer as an ecclesiastically approved variant on the Roman Rite of the Catholic Church.” More info.
COMMENTARIES ON THE FIRST READING: Isaiah 9:1-6.
- Pending: My Notes on Isaiah 9:1-6.
- Update: Homilist’s Catechism on Isaiah 9:1-6.
COMMENTARIES ON THE RESPONSORIAL: Psalm 96.
COMMENTARIES ON THE SECOND READING: Titus 2:11-14.
COMMENTARIES ON THE GOSPEL READING: Luke 2:1-14.
- Navarre Bible Commentary on Luke 2:1-14. On 1-16.
The Sacred Page: The Christmas Readings. Comments and reflections on all the readings for the various Masses from Catholic biblical scholar Dr. John Bergsma.
- Sermon on Isaiah 9:6. Father Augustine Wirth.
- The Birth of Jesus Christ. Father Augustine Wirth.
- Sermon for Christmas Day on Luke 2:1-14. Father Augustine Wirth.
- God’s Gift to Man-Man’s Gift to God. On the Gospel by Fr. Wirth.